By Jobnearn Tutorials | August 10, 2016
Informal letters are the letters sent to your friends, family, or college mates. The tone maintained is informal as you know the person personally.
IELTS general Informal letter example
You are hosting a party and wish to invite your friend from another city. Write a letter to your friend.
In the letter mention-
- Why you are giving this party
- Who others can be met in the party
- How to reach your place, give directions.
I hope this letter finds you well. I’m just writing to invite you for a party at my residence on 30th July 2016.
I’m sorry I did not write earlier as I was busy with an urgent deliverable in my office assignment. As you already know my birthday, I thought to celebrate this year with our college friends. Moreover, this would be like a reunion party as we all will be meeting after a long time.
You can also meet some of our friends from our college batch who will be joining us on the party. I’m sure you will be also excited to meet them.
Well, once you reach the airport, you can book a cab to 16 streets. I will pick you from there. Also, you can call me if you face any difficulty during your travel, so I can make alternative arrangement for you.
I hope you will come to celebrate my birthday.
Important points to be noted from the IELTS general Informal letter example
- The above letter contains 163 words. For IELTS you should ensure the range between 150-170 words.
- The IELTS general Informal letter example is sent to a friend and hence the tone is informal. At times, contractions are used which is acceptable in informal letters.
- The IELTS general Informal letter example tries to answer all question mentioned in the bullet points.
- Pin point answers to the questions and clear structure of your letter will decide the band you will get by the examiner.
- Short name in the signature is allowed in informal letters.
example of ielts informal letterielts writing task 1 examplesielts writing task 1 informal letter exampleielts writing task 1 informal letter sampleielts writing task 1 samplessamples of ielts informal letterstype of letters in ielts writing task 1