IELTS General Writing Task 1-Semi Formal Letter Example
By Jobnearn Tutorials | August 10, 2016
In semi formal letters, you know the person but maintain professional relationship.
IELTS general semi formal letter example
You are employed full time and also part of a social organisation which you attend during evening and weekends. You are not able to continue with this social organisation.
Write a letter to the administrative head. In the letter –
- Explain why you would like to quit the organization
- Describe the situation
- What will be your course of action
Dear Mr. George,
I am writing to inform you of my decision to leave ABC NGO this month end.
As you are aware that I work full time for a software company and recently I have been selected to do the architecture setup for a new client. The client’s head office is in Japan and I will be travelling to Japan soon.
I have enjoyed working for four years here. But, as I had mentioned that I got promoted last year, the new responsibility is even more exciting for me. I will be handling the whole new set up for the client and kick off the project.
Once I am back to the city, I will definitely register to become a part of your organisation again. I would like to be informed about the union in regular intervals.
Thank you for your support throughout my tenure here.
I look forward to hearing from you on this.
Important points to be noted from the above IELTS general semi formal letter example
- The language and tone maintained is semi formal. The name of the person is mentioned in the beginning. Also, in signature your full name should be mentioned.
- No contractions are used, and full words are used.
- Total number of words in this IELTS general semi formal letter example is 160 words. You have to ensure the total words lies between 150-170.
- The above IELTS general semi formal letter example has answered all questions mentioned in the bullet points.
- Clean structure, no grammatical mistakes, answering pin point to the questions ensures good band in IELTS main examination.
ielts writing task 1 letter typesielts writing task 1 lettersielts writing task 1 samplesielts writing task 1 semi formal letter exampleonline preparation for ielts writing tasktype of letters in ielts writing task 1